Here are some kitchen hacks that focus on the health of the whole family as well as in boosting your savings:
1. Create a meal plan. Meal planning won’t only save us time and money, it can also reduce our daily stress of thinking about what dish to prepare for the day. In this day and age where fast-paced lifestyle is the new normal, weekly meal planning can save us from food waste. In addition, it’s also a great opportunity to delve into your cookbooks, collect recipes online, and build your library of recipes. This way, you won’t surely run out of new ideas while cutting your grocery cost.
2. Prepare a grocery list. With a bit of creativity and planning, you can make exciting and delicious meals by ensuring you have a grocery list on hand. So the trick is to keep a pen and a notepad and clip it in front of your fridge and pantry. Next, allot time in jotting down a list of everything that you have inside. For instance, you have a kilo of chicken breast, 10 eggs, or half a kilo of tilapia. Every time you use something up, immediately cross it off the list. This trick will help you to see what you have and what you don’t have at a glance.
3. Compare prices for different groceries and brands. In addition to making a list, checking groceries and supermarkets near you about their latest promotions would help you in scoring the best deals and discounts. Checking various store flyers, websites, social media accounts, and comparing unit prices on different brands take time, but that extra amount of effort could make a huge difference to your savings account.
4. Keep a regular stock of must-have items in your kitchen. If you needed the reason to believe that you should keep in your pantry a list of ingredients essentials, think of this opportunity to expand your repertoire. Cheese, eggs, and butter, are some of the dairy mainstays you can count on because of the many dishes you can make out of it.
Chicken is one of the staples you can prepare in a variety of ways, so stocking up different parts for later use from legs, breast, and wings can save you from last-minute grocery runs.
Lastly, we’re big proponents of items that don’t need refrigeration and are versatile to use in many dishes—like rice, pasta, canned tomatoes, and palm oil. Using cooking oil that has a high smoke point such as Jolly Claro Palm Oil, you can prepare a variety of flavorful recipes and dishes for the whole family. This hack won’t only save you time for lazy weeknight dinner recipes, you’ll be glad too that it’s there when your family is looking for deliciously no-fuss meals instead of calling for home delivery.
5. Buy in bulk and cook at home. A well-stocked pantry of kitchen essentials won’t only encourage you to cook exciting and relevant dishes, it’s also a winner to your wallet. Buy products in a bundle or in bulk, especially products that are non-perishable and can be stocked in the pantry like cooking oil. Jolly Claro Palm Oil is a healthier alternative because it is cholesterol-free and is rich in Vitamin A. “Palm oil is one of the underrated oils in the market, but Jolly Claro Palm Oil differs as it doesn’t solidify as fast as other palm oils in the market and resists oxidation, which causes the ‘pag-anta’ or rancid after taste. Unlike other tingi brands in the market,
Jolly Claro Palm Oil boasts quality as it has gone through a 5-step process: twice filtered and refined thrice, true to its tagline “Oilinis, Oilinaw, Oilinamnam”, said Product Manager of Jolly Claro Palm Oil, Maita Monsalud. “Jolly Claro Palm Oil remains clear and neutral even after several usages, making it really sulit,” she added.
With these simple tricks, any practical homemaker who already loves food could save more and enjoy deliciously affordable meals for the whole family. Be sure to take advantage of Jolly Claro Palm Oil duo pack and save P10 in every purchase.
Visit facebook.com/JollyClaro/ for more information.