October 15, 2020 is Global Handwashing Day. And this year’s theme, “Hand Hygiene for All" has never been more important.
Day in and day out, we come into contact with thousands of surfaces that can be full of germs and viruses. These get into our body through unsafe acts that often lead to illnesses. Hence, frequent hand washing is a must!
Amidst the Covid-19 global pandemic, Safeguard encourges all to join in the Safe Wash Movement to ensure that handwashing gets the attention it deserves. Washing hands is the cornerstone of good hygiene and is essential for maintaining health and hygiene.
Proper Handwashing not only removes dirt, but helps in warding off sickness, and prevents spread of germs to others as well. Keeping a good hand hygiene is the first line of defense against the spread of flu, diarrhea and most illnesses.
Follow these right steps for squeaky-clean hands every time:
1) Wet your hands with running water, turn off the tap, and apply Safeguard. Work the soap into the palm of your hands until a nice thick lather starts to form.
2) Lather the back of your hands. Work up the lengths of your fingers all the way to the tip, between your fingers, thumbs and under your nails.
3) Scrub your hands for at least 30 seconds to effectively wash away any germs and bacteria.
4) Rinse hands under clean, running water.
5) Dry your hands using a clean cloth or paper towel.
Make #SafeWash a regular family activity at home before eating, before handling food, after using the toilet, and after playtime.
The Philippines' No. 1 Family Germ Protection Soap's #SafeWash for a #SafePhilippines is all about practicing proper hand hygiene. Safeguard's mission is to put an end to “Pwede Na” handwashing habits. By passing on the vision of proper hand hygiene education, Safeguard has high hopes that every Filipino family is safe against 99.99% of germs-causing bacteria.
Let's keep the nation safe by making every wash a #SafeWash with Safeguard.
Proper Handwashing is one of the best ways to protect yourself and your family from getting sick. Always remember that clean hands save lives.
𝗦𝗮𝗳𝗲𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗿𝗱 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗯𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗹 𝗦𝗼𝗮𝗽 𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝟵𝟵% 𝗼𝗳 𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗺𝘀 𝗼𝗿 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗶𝗮 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝗸𝗶𝗻. Make it a habit.