It's harvest season for grapes from the Southern Hemisphere and Taste Australia campaign is back in enticing customers to try and buy beautiful, sweet and crunchy Aussie grapes.
Grapes are packed with polyphenols and anthocyanin, which belong to the family of powerful phytonutrients. Phytonutrients have been proven to promote human health by enhancing antioxidants and protecting cells from free radical damage.
Grapes are made from approximately 80% water and contain a high amount of fibre which means they hydrate, cleanse and detoxify active bodies. All these health benefits are found in the skins and flesh of green, red and black grapes.
Grapes were first introduced to Australia 230 years ago and now, Australia produces an average of 120,000 tonnes. The most common Australian grape varieties are Thompson Seedless (green), Crimson Seedless (red), Red Globe (red) and Midnight Beauty (black). These are hand-picked to ensure quality and avoid bruising.
Australian table grapes can be eaten straight from the bunch. Simply rinse before eating and enjoy the taste of an Australian summer. It makes perfect addition to kids lunchboxes or a go-to snack at work to re-energize and hydrate active bodies, which is especially helpful when you live a busy lifestyle.
Pose and post for a chance to win exciting prizes!
Easy mechanics as follows:
– Participants should post their most creative photo while posing with table grapes accompanied by a witty caption.
– To join, participants must LIKE and FOLLOW Taste Australia’s Facebook and Instagram.
– Post your creative entries and Tag @tasteaustraliaph by using the following hashtags on FB and Instagram: #ItsAGrapeDay#TasteAustralia #AustralianTableGrapes #FunWithGrapes
– All entries should be set on public for tracking entries.
– Winners will be chosen randomly according to the participant’s creativity. All concepts are welcome, so be as creative as you can!
– There will be 2 winners per week (1 from FB and 1 from Instagram) and each will receive P 2,500 worth of Rustan’s Gift Certificates.
– Drawing and announcement of winners will happen every Friday at 5PM.
– Winners will be contacted via personal message on FB or Instagram on how to claim their prizes.
#ItsAGrapeDay #TasteAustralia #AustralianTableGrapes #FunWithGrapes